Our magnetic safety stirrups Ophena S and Ophena T are compliant to the rules of these organisations and disciplines.
Please note this list is not exhaustive. We know of our stirrups being used in competitions in over 40 countries, and its best to check with the regulations of your federation.
- Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI): Showjumping
- British Showjumping (BS): Showjumping
- USEF / USHJA: Showjumping
- Swedish Equestrian Federation (Svenska Ridsportförbundet): Showjumping
- Danish Equestrian Federation (Dansk Ride Forbund): Showjumping
- Islandpferde-Reiter- und Züchterverband Deutschland (IPZV)
- German Equestrian Federation (Deutsche Reiterliche Vereinigung e. V. (FN): All disciplines*
*see our German help page for further details in regards to FN approval.
Compensating Aid for Para Dressage
- In most federations assessed on an individual basis. Please contact your equestrian federation for details.
- USEF: Magnetic stirrups are generally permitted (according to USEF 2020 Rulebook, Chapter DR308 7e (p. 521)). But since the stirrup has an open side, it would more than likely be reviewed by the classifiers or the USEF Adaptive Sports Committee to ensure safety on an individual basis.
Please help us extent this list, if you have gotten approval from your local federation. Get in touch in the lower right corner :)